Updated: May 21, 2022
People talk a lot about Self Love, but it's not always clear what you can be doing everyday to create more love and self care in your life. Here are 7 easy ways to love yourself more, and welcome real self care and spiritual healing into your life!
1. Meditate and do Reiki. Energy healing will help clear confusion, and help your soulful life glow with love.
2. Say NO when you want to! People often resist saying "No" because they don't want to be seen as the bad person, or they are afraid of conflict. However, when you honor your inner needs, you are really showing up for YOU. In turn, that helps others see who you really are, what you really need, and they can be a better tribe for you as well. It makes disappointment and dissatisfaction a thing of the past.
3. Block negative social media. Yes, really. Who says you need to defend all of the injustices of the universe with a million social posts to trolls? Humans are meant to interact, learn, and grow, but you can choose when and where you do that. Most media is cultivated to get the most rise out of people, so it can be quite negative or sensationalist in nature. You'll have to tend your own media streams with extra care.
Snooze, block, or delete people who say things that take you out of your power flow. Do the same for business/advertisements, crazy group spaces with a lot of petty arguing or conflict, or social threads that distract your energy from the main goals of your day. You can always be real-life friends with the people your choose to hide from your feed, but you're just deciding that social media is not the best way. If you want to advocate for real change, and shift the perspectives of others, post your real thoughts on social media, but say the deeper dialogues for those people who are specifically in your circles of real friendship, or people who can dialogue with face-to-face, where it is easier to read social cues and understand the impact your words are having before things escalate beyond saving. Engage in true healing conversations with people you care about. Guard your mental health.
4. Don't compare yourself to others. When your inner dialogue begins to make comparisons, notice what's happening and ask yourself these questions:
...But what do I really want?
Who do I really want to be?
If I like what's happening with this other person, what would my life need to look like if I wanted my own version of that? What do I need to do?
Let go of comparison, and instead take action to build a healthy beautiful life for yourself.
5. Cook your favorite meal! Let yourself be nourished with something enjoyable!
6. Write a gratitude list. Connecting with what you really appreciate can help clear resentments, fears, and other dissonant vibes really quickly! Don't have time to write? Speak your list of 33 things, out loud!
7. Catch up & laugh with a friend. Laughter sends a BUNCH of feel-good hormones coursing through your body. Did you know that? Connecting with friends will remind you that you're not alone in your journey. You are worthy of love and happiness! ❤️
To learn more about how to create these magical spaces for healing, love, and manifesting an awesome life, take a REIKI 1 TRAINING at Healing Heart Reiki! You'll enjoy a member portal of supporting teaching for meditation and energy healing, as well as office hours and events all geared to help you reflect and develop your ideal life circumstances. More at classes: https://www.santarosareiki.com/classes
DAILEY LITTLE is a healing practitioner, transformational life coach, ordained Priestess, and teacher who founded Healing Heart Reiki to help others navigate life with joy. She offers private sessions, and teaches classes in healing and mindset from a magical peaceful corner of the world in Northern California. For more info see: www.SantaRosaReiki.com