If you are curious about Reiki or looking for a reputable and professional Healing Practitioner then you've come to the right place. Operating from the Historic Railroad Square in Santa Rosa, Healing Heart Reiki offers Reiki healing sessions in both traditional and non-traditional Usui Reiki formats with the goal of helping people achieve optimum health and happiness.
The American Institute of Stress estimates that 75%-95% of all visits to doctors are the results of reaction to stress. They call stress "America's #1 Health Problem" and it has been linked to increasingly common health problems including diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure and infertility. Continual stress hinders the body's natural ability to repair itself. Reiki can help unblock the body's energetic pathways and support your natural healing process.
15% of over 800 American hospitals offered Reiki as a part of hospital services in 2007 (1).This number is even larger today, with hospitals incorporating Reiki into treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention programs. Why? Because it works.
Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese healing technique. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words: Rei can be translated as "spiritual guided" and Ki is "life force energy." So Reiki literally means "spiritual guided life force energy." Reiki practitioners are attuned to and then trained in the application of Reiki Energy. We direct this energy during a Reiki session in order to help your body restore energy balance and vitality by relieving the physical and emotional effects of unrelieved stress.
Science is now recognizing some of the physical components of the work as BioEnergetics. While shifting the electromagnetics of our biofield sounds like the work of science-fiction, a number of experiments continue to show that Reiki is a powerful aid in physical healing. In hospital and controlled settings, Reiki has been proven to improve sleep, reduce pain, reduce nausea, reduce heart rate and improve relaxation in Cancer rehabilitation, and support the body process of healing in acute & chronic illness(2).
I (Dailey) have spoken to doctors, nurses, and patients who have found Reiki to be a powerful support in healing medical challenges such as asthma, broken bones, old sports injuries, and fibromyalgia. While Reiki is not a substitute for all forms of medicine(3), studies and personal experience show it to be a life-changing complimentary therapy.
Reiki is absolutely painless. During a treatment, clients are asked to sit back and relax. Simply doing that can sometimes be the most difficult thing of all, and yet my personal belief is that the relaxed open state allows you to receive the Reiki even more clearly.
* Accelerate Healing of Acute & Chronic Illness
* Assist the Body in Cleansing Toxins
* Balance the Flow of Chi
* Help the Client Emotionally Transform
* Be Safely Used in Conjunction with Other Healing Techniques
* Help Heal And No Religious Belief is Required; Reiki is not a religion
Reiki at Healing Heart Reiki is done fully clothed. Depending on the client we will either lay hands gently over the key Reiki points or hands will hover just above. I feel it is important for all HHR clients to feel comfortable during their session, and I encourage questions about the process. We teach the same sensibility in our Reiki school. See Rates and Services for more details.
1. data from the American Hospital Association
2. The lay person's reference for more is the article "Reiki in Hospitals" by William Lee Rand, but in fact there are a number of research articles with scientific data I would be happy share with interested parties; just send me an email.
3. I have, in fact, seen profound and nearly instantaneous effects after people have received Reiki, but these have most often been the exception, not the rule. People leave my office feeling peaceful, more clear, more empowered, and in less pain, whether that is physical, spiritual, or emotional.